Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dreams Pt. 2

        OK, so last time I blogged, I wrote about some crazy dreams I had been having the past several nights. This time, I want to write about a different kind of dreams, the ones a person has for themselves: dreams of power and prestige, dreams of family and settling down. Every one has some sort of vision for their future, whether it be large or small. To me, the future is an incredibly frightening thing filled with all sorts of uncertainties.

        As a child, I had the strangest dreams for my future. I actually wanted to be a farmer/artist/ police officer. My plan was to farm during the day, paint masterpieces whilst I farmed, and keep the city streets safe at night. I'm not really sure how I ever planned to pull all three off. Fortunately, I came to my senses. Over the years these dreams began to change. It went from dentist, to supreme court justice, to writer, and to doctor. Now, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do. I used to consider myself one of those people who always had everything figured out. I seemed to have my entire life planned out to every last detail. I knew what I wanted to do, where I wanted to be in life, and how I wanted to get there. But it seems after you actually go out into the real world, what you thought you wanted isn't really what it seemed.

        Well, now I am currently a Journalism major and taking life one step at a time. I've decided not to try and plan out every single aspect of my future. It seems that the people who spend all of their time constantly planning life are the ones who miss out on it the most. I know there's a plan for my life, I have just yet to find it. I'm not sure where I see myself in five years. Maybe a big time writer for TIME magazine, or reporting for CNN news, or some high class attorney. Whatever I may be, I just hope to be happy and to leave my mark.  I want to be the best that I can possibly be. Mediocrity holds absolutely no appeal to me. So I'm just going to keep on living life knowing that His plan will unfold in time.

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."
       -John Lennon

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment